Power/mation was founded in 1961 in St. Paul, Minnesota as a distributor of power transmission products for the automation industry by Jim and Don Craighead.
In 1990, Power/mation was purchased by four of its sales representatives. What started as one office in St. Paul, Minnesota, has grown to offices throughout the Midwest.
Throughout the years, Power/mation's product line has expanded from basic power transmission components to:
• Advanced electronic controls
• Electronic variable speed drives
• Photoelectric, proximity and “smart” sensors
• Electronic counters and controls
• Programmable controllers (PLC & PC)
• Stepmotor & servo systems
• Computer software for supervisory control & data acquisition
• Intelligent, device level network I/O
• Motion control